The course’s purpose is to give basic knowledge about design of compound systems, where mechanics is controlled by electronics. This includes how earlier acquired knowledge in analog design, microcontrollers and automatic control is applied to make electronics interact with mechanics. Further, earlier acquired knowledge in use of computers for dynamic modeling, simulation and analysis of mechatronic systems is deepened.
- Modelling and simulation of dynamic mechanical systems
- Different types of motors
- The microcontroller as a control unit
- Implementation of control algorithms in microcontrollers
- Sensors and actuators
- Applications in project form
Education level: First cycle
General entry requirements and completed courses in Microcontrollers, 7,5 hp, Analog design, 7,5 hp and Applied automatic control, 7,5 hp.